Sunday, November 9, 2014

Holding Pattern literally : )

This blog will be in a temporary chevron/zig zag holding pattern until further notice  :  ).  Here's a sample of knitting I've been working on using up leftover yarns.  I've been wanting to knit a zig zag pattern for awhile now and just haven't found a pattern for it that I was happy with until now.  I found the directions for this pattern stitch in one of Barbara G. Walkers books - A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns.  It's called the Scrap-Yarn Afghan Stitch.
Here you have the beginning of the swatch and the book open to the page with the pattern.  It's an easy stitch to do and great for using up scraps.  In this picture the blue showed up more like a gray colour but it is more of a blue like in the top swatch photo.  So that is it for now.
  With the holidays approaching there has been a reshuffle of the things to get done before the end of the year.  Where did the time go. Once I figure out what will be worked on and HAS to be done before the holidays then I'll start posting again.  So until then TTFN and have a great weekend! everyone!

1 comment: