Sunday, January 18, 2015

It's 2015 already!

Where has all of 2014 gone?  The holidays seem a bit of a blur.  Business has been booming and has left little time for, adding to the pot, so to speak of Craftspacecontinuum.  Not to mention the time taken off for the holidays, mom and I both being sick and then having to play catch up after having to take off so much time it has just been one big ole, how do you git er done-palooza, ACK!  But there have been many small increments of time that allowed for bits here and there to be added to the pot of creativity.  Lets see whats in the pot.
 Here are a bunch of knitting samplers that have been helping me make it thru the dark bleek nites of winter.  creative bug is where I took a class by Debbie Stoller (famous author of the Stitch and Bitch knitting books) on knitting a sampler and it was the perfect thing to help me unwind at the end of the day.  They were fun to make and I learned so much that I now feel confident that I could design something myself with the knowledge gained from making these samplers.  These are all pinned to what is my favorite craft tool of all.  Its a foam core board that is covered on both sides with felt.  One side is a brite yellow very much like the sampler on the lower left of the board and the other side is this medium gray colour.  All I did is take the board lay it on one of the pieces of felt cut out the felt with a generous boarder and then fold over the edges and duct taped them down then turned the board over and cut out the other piece of felt with a generous boarder and folded back the edges and just used glass head pins to secure it to the other side so that you have a two sided board for pinning and displaying your work projects.  Then there are all the experimental knits that I worked on just because I needed something to do.
 Ack, this knitted pile of stuff has gotten out of control.  Its a basket-o-hats with a few UFO's in there.  I'm not exactly sure whats in the bottom of this basket.  On the to do list for 2015 is to deal with this.  Every time I turn around there is this staring at me (pic below), ACK!  Another pile of started, finished, to be started projects to be dealt with.  When it gets cold out, its raining and not very sunny then stuff starts to pile up and get undone.  It just lies around like snow waiting to melt away till the next ray of inspiration strikes :  ).  Here's wishing everyone a GREAT 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment